About Talk It Out
Talk It Out is a free phone and online counselling service for the people of the Murray PHN region who are feeling the pressures and stresses of everyday life.
We have professionally trained counsellors who will listen and help you to develop strategies to manage what is causing you to feel stressed or overwhelmed.
Our free counselling service can help with:
- Worry and Anxiety
- Hopelessness and Depression
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Grief and Loss
- Isolation and Loneliness
- Relationship and Family Problems
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Work Stress.
The Murray PHN region covers the following area:
What to expect
When you contact Talk It Out, you will be able to:
- Speak with a professionally trained counsellor
- Call at any time – 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Talk to a counsellor about what’s going on with you and your stresses and concerns
- Develop strategies to manage your situation
- Have up to three thirty minute sessions
- Be referred to a local face-to-face psychologist under a priority referral, if required.
Delivered by On the Line
On the Line is a professional social health organisation providing counselling support, anywhere and anytime. We listen and encourage people to feel better: building resilience, fostering healthy relationships, and connecting people with community support.
On the Line’s highly trained counsellors provide professional, quality telephone, web chat and video counselling services to more than 120,000 people each year. Many of our counselling services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our counsellors are experts in men’s mental health, anger management, family violence (using and experiencing), healthy relationships, integrated wellbeing, mental health, chronic health conditions, problematic drug and alcohol abuse, and suicide and trauma-informed practice for anyone affected by suicide.