What is the Talk It Out helpline?
Talk It Out is a low intensity counselling service which provides telephone and online counselling support to people in the Murray PHN region 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
Talk It Out is supported by the Murray PHN and is delivered by On the Line.
On the Line is a social health business with over 60 years’ experience supporting and counselling people, anywhere and anytime. Our professionally trained counsellors listen and encourage people to feel better by building resilience, fostering healthy relationships, and connecting people with community support. On the Line is a national provider of some of Australia’s most vital and trusted counselling services including Suicide Call Back Service, and MensLine Australia.
Who is Talk It Out for?
Talk It Out provides 24/7 counselling services to people who are:
- at risk, or have experienced symptoms of distress or mild symptoms of mental ill health (i.e. anxiety or depression) for less than 12 months
- exiting (step down) a moderate to high intensity mental health service who need a brief psychological intervention which is decreased from that they were receiving
- living or working in the Murray PHN region.
The service model
Talk It Out counsellors provide counselling services across three main service functions:
- Intake, Assessment and Support: available 24/7, accessed by telephone 1300 022 946 or online counselling
- Counselling and Support: available 24/7, clients can also receive up to three call back counselling sessions between 9am to 9pm.
- Post-vention Support: following-up with clients at six weeks after their last call back session, to assess if their needs have been met or if service re-entry is required.
Working within a social model of health, all clients will be provided the highest quality of support to meet their whole of life issues, concerns and worries.